Saturday, February 15, 2014

Mac "swiping"

Wooohooo!  I was beginning to get frustrated with not being able to scroll down very easily with my new Macbook Pro.  I missed my "normal" mousepad on my old computer.  But, today as I was strolling through Home Depot pulling our cool Radio Flyer wagon behind with my son in it, I happened to spy a young man selling solar paneling in one of the aisles and he was using a Macbook.  I couldn't see what program he was using at first, but I could tell he was scrolling easily and without a mouse!!  So then I quickly covered the ground between us with my son squealing in delight behind me in the wagon and watched this young man's magic on his mousepad.  He put two finger vertically on the mousepad and simply swept them both up or down depending on how he wanted to scroll - up or down.
Then!! I was showing this cool new feature I discovered to my husband while on the internet and I accidentally went left to right instead.  Then...<trumpet> I discovered that I could go to previous websites and forward websites by placing my 2 fingers again vertically and then swiping from left to right instead.
Wow - and all of this knowledge while just hanging out at Home Depot!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment